APRICOT, DATE & CHIA BALLSServes:
Makes 36 balls
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 1 hour setting time
Nutrient Analysis Per ServeEnergy: 452kJ / 108 cal | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrate: 12g | Fat: 5g | Fibre: 2g
Ingredients250g dried apricots
¼ cup hot water
¼ cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup peanut butter
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
¼ cup sesame seeds
1 cup Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup traditional rolled oats
- Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Place half the apricots in a heatproof bowl. Cover with the hot water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain and place in a food processor with the coconut, peanut butter, honey and cocoa powder.
- Using the pulse button, process to form a thick paste. Finely chop the remaining apricots and dates. Place the chopped fruit in a bowl with the sesame seeds, pepitas, chia seeds, oats and apricot paste.
- Mix well to combine.
- With lightly wet hands, roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on tray.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.