EASY WAYS TO UPGRADE YOUR FORMULITE PRODUCTS
Here are a few tips and tricks from Savina Rego, Dietitian and Nutrition Scientist, on how to experiment with our shakes and soups.
- In a blender add ice and powder for a refreshing slushy
- Add Essences (peppermint, lemon, rosewater, coconut) to adapt the shake flavours
- Add coffee shot or instant coffee to vanilla shake or hazelnut shake
- Add spices e.g. cinnamon to the vanilla shake
- Add matcha green tea powder to vanilla shake
- Add ½ cup fresh or frozen fruit (raspberries, strawberries, passion fruit, mixed berries) to vanilla shake or banana shake
- Add 1/2 tablespoon (depending on allowance available for program e.g. fat) nut butter to vanilla or banana shake
- Add sugar free syrups or flavour concentrates to shake of choice e.g. sugar free maple syrup to vanilla shake
- Add warm water to shake for a hot drink
- Make a mousse, whisk half sachet jelly lite with hot water until crystals dissolve, allow slightly cool. Mix shake up as normal and mix with jelly mix, pour into preferred bowl and allow to set in fridge.
- Make ice-cream, mix up shake as usual (can adjust with above flavour suggestions) place in silicon mould and freeze.
- Add vegetables from allowed list to increase soup volume e.g. Asian vegetables, bean sprouts, shredded cabbage, spiralised zucchini, spiralised carrot etc
- Add Konjac noodles to increase soup volume (Changs Super Low-Cal Wok Ready Noodles or Slendier Range- Angel Hair, fettuccine, Noodles, Spaghetti)
- Add fresh or dried herbs and/or spices (paprika, chilli flakes, lemongrass, cumin, chilli, parsley, oregano etc) for additional flavour