CHIA PANCAKESServes: 2
Preparation time: 20 minutes
This recipe is suitable for freezing
Nutrient Analysis Per ServeEnergy: 1530kJ / 366 cal | Protein: 18g | Carbohydrate: 49.5g | Fat: 9g | Fibre: 6g
Ingredients1 tablespoon chia seeds
¾ cup low fat milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/3 cup self-raising flour, sifted
Knob of butter
40g low fat ricotta
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a jug or mixing bowl soak chia seeds in the milk until large and soft, approximately 15 minutes. Add egg and vanilla extract, mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl place the flour and orange zest. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and gradually pour the milk mixture into the well. Mix until combined.
- Place a fry pan over medium heat. Add half a knob of butter.
- Ladle a quarter of the mixture into the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until cooked.
- Repeat with remaining butter and pancake mixture.
- Top pancakes with fresh ricotta, strawberries and maple syrup.