CEASAR SALADServes: 1
Nutrient Analysis Per ServeEnergy: 3080kJ / 736 cal | Protein: 51g | Carbohydrate: 11g | Fat: 54g | Fibre: 4g
Ingredients1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ garlic clove, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
120g chicken breast
2 thin slices of pancetta or lean bacon
4 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon whole egg mayonnaise
1 tablespoon light sour cream
2 cups of Cos lettuce, washed and chopped
¼ cup watercress
¼ cup frozen peas, thawed
¼ cup fresh parmesan, finely grated or shaved
- In a bowl, mix half of the lemon juice with garlic and sugar. Season to taste with salt. Add chicken and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook pancetta in the oven for 3-5 minutes until crispy.
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and cook chicken until brown on all sides (this should take about 3 minutes). Transfer chicken to the baking tray and cook in the oven for a further 5-8 minutes until cooked through. Allow to rest for half of the cooking time then slice into 2cm slices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining lemon juice, season with salt to taste.
- Serve lettuce topped with chicken, watercress, pancetta, peas, fresh tomatoes and parmesan. Drizzle with the dressing and season with freshly ground black pepper.